Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you're a client looking for your sneak peeks, note that I normally have them up within a few days of the session, but at times it may take me up to a week. Remember to click on the picture to see it bigger, and feel free to nab these for use on Myspace, Facebook, or emailing to friends and family (but note- these are web-sized images, and not suitable for printing. Also, please do not remove my watermark. I'm proud of these images and want everyone to know I took them :) I make it small and discreet- and I'd rather not have to put a big, obnoxious watermark across them instead... So please help a girl (& the rest if my clients) out and respect my copyright! Thanks).
If you're a prospective client, make certain to visit my website for more images and info. There's a link in the sidebar. Please contact me with any questions or to schedule a session: gypsyisledesigns@yahoo.com. Thanks again for visiting and enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Adele again... plus some sunflared Cam

I totally wasn't planning on putting my baby girl up again so soon... but as I was editing these pictures yesterday I just fell in love with them. I often hear "you must be so lucky to know how to take such beautiful pictures, I bet you have tons of great pictures of your kids." Well, this is and isn't true. I do have some WONDERFUL pictures of my children... but I also have a harder time getting my children to even THINK about looking in my direction (this phenomenon is commonly referred to as "photographer's child syndrome", and both of mine have it BAD).

But, then there are times, like this one, where it doesn't matter that they aren't looking at me. And yes, at times like these, I do feel very blessed that I have the technical knowledge to be able to take this picture so it turns out as planned.

I love everything about these- but most especially I love how happy she is with her little flower, and I just adore her curly wisps of hair glowing in the sun. This "look" is exactly why I prefer natural light in outdoor settings... there is nothing in the studio that can replicate this beautiful glow! And these pictures get me in the mood for fall! The beautiful yellow glow just seems so "autumn", doesn't it? I hope you enjoy looking at my little pixie again... and if not... phooey on you! ;)

And, I can't forget about Cameron! I was specifically practicing capturing sunflare in my images... and though my sunflare isn't the best in the world here, I still love these b/c they are my boy :)












1 comment:

jj said...

Very cute shots!!