Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you're a client looking for your sneak peeks, note that I normally have them up within a few days of the session, but at times it may take me up to a week. Remember to click on the picture to see it bigger, and feel free to nab these for use on Myspace, Facebook, or emailing to friends and family (but note- these are web-sized images, and not suitable for printing. Also, please do not remove my watermark. I'm proud of these images and want everyone to know I took them :) I make it small and discreet- and I'd rather not have to put a big, obnoxious watermark across them instead... So please help a girl (& the rest if my clients) out and respect my copyright! Thanks).
If you're a prospective client, make certain to visit my website for more images and info. There's a link in the sidebar. Please contact me with any questions or to schedule a session: gypsyisledesigns@yahoo.com. Thanks again for visiting and enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New Website coming soon!

BIG news Today!!! For starters, I finally found a website design that I like! I am super excited about this one and have just started making it my own. I am hoping to be completely finished by this time next week (crossing fingers, throwing salt over my shoulder... all the good stuff!) So wish me luck! A lot of the images that have only been seen on my blog (or not at all!) will finally be on my official website- that alone is reason enough for me to get excited! But the new website will also have password protected proofing galleries, music on every page, LARGE pictures (wooohooo! every photog likes to see their stuff BIGGER lol :)), plus a plethora of other fun goodies! And, it is stylish and elegant to boot! I may just have to come up with some type of "new website celebration" special lol... start stalking my blog ;)

I also just met with the CUTEST Couple, Samya and John, who will be getting married in just 2 short weeks! I am very happy to say they have chosen Chyrel and I to photograph their wedding. I think it will be a lot of fun! Her dress is divine, the chapel beautiful, and the reception is being held at the Officer's club which is just gorgeous; I can't wait!

I have also been going back through all of my sessions to find good candidates for my new (larger) portfolios on my new website... and I have been finding a lot of lost gems! Mainly from my "fun" sessions that were put aside in favor of my "real" sessions lol... but it is always nice to find new stuff to play with!

Here is just one tiny example; this is my friend and fellow photographer Chyrel Fogarty of Island Time Studios:

Isn't she beautiful? We were scouting locations and we just fell in love with the green brick mixed with the colors of the old water pump... too bad every time I've tried to go back there the light has been just terrible. But that's ok, it is kind of like our secret spot where we both took lovely pics of each other :) Sometimes it is nice to have a spot where you don't/can't take clients!





Here is another example of a spot I haven't taken any clients... and don't plan to simply b/c it is kind of hard (and a bit messy) to reach:

This one was taken last weekend. I love this location for nature type shots; my new Blog header was shot there as well... in fact, if you look closely at this picture you will see the same heron featured in it! Maybe one day soon I will share the non-pink version of the blog header ;) I've shot here several times, but this was the first time I brought anyone with me. That's my son, Cameron, peeking through the tree. He had a Blast playing in the water and on the stumps... until he cut his foot open on a rock. So, I DEFINITELY won't be taking any client's to this spot!


And the biggest news of all... I went to pick up the kids from school today and Adele comes running out with a big old ponytail on her head! Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration lol... but it was at least an inch worth of the cutest curls in the cutest "Pebbles"-esque ponytail you ever saw! I would have a picture to prove it, but I let a friend borrow my camera so she could see if she liked it before she went out and bought one (she loves it by the way!). I am sure this is only the first of many ponytails though; I will make certain the next one is documented for all posterity!

No comments: